Road toll should be paid by the owner of the heavy goods vehicle. If the authorized user of the heavy goods vehicle has been entered in the traffic register, the authorized user is obligated to pay the road toll. In addition to the heavy goods vehicles registered in Estonia, the heavy goods vehicles registered abroad will also be obligated to pay the road toll. The toll rate depends on the maximum authorized mass of the heavy goods vehicle and its trailer, the number of axles, and the emission class of the heavy goods vehicle.
For more information about the road toll and its payment options as well as the road toll refund procedure, please visit the Estonian Transport Administration’s portal teetasu.ee.
On the same portal, you can view the payments under the section „Validation“ by entering the registration plate number and the country where the vehicle has been registered.
Functions of the Estonian Transport Administration and the the Estonian Tax and Customs Board while administering the road toll
Functions of the Estonian Transport Administration
- Creating shopping cart/order on the portal teetasu.ee.
- Providing advice to purchasers of the road toll shopping cart/orders (double shopping carts and so on).
- Making decisions on applications for refund.
Estonian Transport Administration contacts
Functions of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board
- Ensuring the accounting of amounts determined on the basis of information contained in shopping carts/orders.
- Providing advice to clients who have come across the road toll claims (accounting).
- Refunding the amount subject to a refund.
Last updated: 01.07.2021