You can use the following authentication tools to sign in to the e-MTA:
- Lithuanian mobile-ID
- Latvian or Lithuanian Smart-ID (except Smart-ID Basic)
- the electronic identity (eID) tools of the European Union Member States
|Member State||Name||Authentication method||Level of assurance|
|Czech Republic||National identification scheme of the Czech Republic||CZ eID card||High|
|Federal Republic of Germany||German eID based on Extended Access Control||National Identity Card||High|
|Electronic Residence Permit||High|
|eID Card for Union Citizens and EEA Nationals||High|
|Grand Duchy of Luxembourg||Luxembourg national identity card (eID card)||Luxembourg eID card||High|
|Italian Republic||Italian eID based on National ID card (CIE)||Italian eID card (Carta di Identità elettronica)||High|
|SPID – Public System of Digital Identity||Aruba PEC SpA; Namirial SpA; InfoCert SpA; In.Te.S.A. SpA; Italian eID based on National ID card (CIE); Poste Italiane SpA; Register.it SpA; Sielte SpA; Telecom Italia Trust Technologies S.r.l.; Lepida SpA||Low, substantial, high|
|Kingdom of Belgium||Belgian eID Scheme FAS / Itsme®||itsme® mobile App||High|
|Belgian eID Scheme FAS / eCards||Belgian Citizen eCard||High|
|Kingdom of the Netherlands||Trust Framework for Electronic Identification (Afsprakenstelsel Elektronische Toegangsdiensten)||eHerkenning (for economic operators)||Substantial, high|
|Kingdom of Spain||Documento Nacional de Identidad electrónico (DNIe)||Spanish ID card (DNIe)||High|
|Portuguese Republic||Chave Móvel Digital||Digital Mobile Key||High|
|Cartão de Cidadão||Portuguese national identity card (eID card)||High|
|Republic of Croatia||National Identification and Authentication System (NIAS)||Personal Identity Card (eOI)||High|
|Republic of Latvia||Latvian eID scheme (eID)||eID karte; eParaksts karte; eParaksts karte+; eParaksts||Substantial, high|
|Republic of Lithuania||Lithuanian National Identity card (eID / ATK)||Lithuanian National Identity card (eID / ATK)||
|Slovak Republic||National identity scheme of the Slovak Republic||Slovak Citizen eCard||High|
When you first enter the e-MTA, you will be created a user account after successful authentication. Then you must contact the Estonian Tax and Customs Board’s customer support to open e-services.
Steps on first entry to the e-services environment e-MTA
- Click on the “E-services” button at the top of our website or enter the e-services environment e-MTA here.
- Select a method for signing in and follow the instructions.
- After successful authentication, a user account is created for you. The following text will be displayed, please follow the instructions.
- The customer support will inform you of the opening of e-services and after that you can enter the e-MTA in the usual manner and use e-services as a natural person on your own behalf. User account details can be found in the e-MTA under “Settings” – “User account”.
- If you are a legal representative of a legal person and you need access to e-services on behalf of a company, send a message:
- in the e-MTA:
- by selecting “Communication” – “Correspondence”, or
- by selecting “Send a message” in the Help Center, or
- to customer support e-mail address email@example.com.
- in the e-MTA:
Registration as e-resident of Estonia
If you cannot use any of the above authentication methods as a non-resident, we recommend that you register as an e-resident of Estonia.
E-residency offers citizens of foreign countries safe access to the e-services of Estonia. The holder of the digital ID card of an e-resident can sign documents digitally and sign in to all portals and information systems that recognise the Estonian ID card.
You can apply for the digital ID of an Estonian e-resident electronically at the e-Residency website. There you can also find instructions on how to submit an application and additional information on e-Residency.
Last updated: 12.06.2021