You can pay state taxes, payments and other monetary obligations (interest, fines, penalties, etc.) to the Estonian Tax and Customs Board:
- by bank transfer,
- via the e-MTA under "Accounting" > "Payment" with a bank link or credit card,
- in service bureaus at card payment terminals and customs offices at card payment terminals or in cash.
Payment by bank transfer
When paying taxes and payments by bank transfer, the payment order should include:
- account holder: Maksu- ja Tolliamet
- bank account of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board
|Luminor Bank||EE401700017002872300||NDEAEE2X (until 26.11.2020)
RIKOEE22 (from 30.11.2020)
The bank account of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board in Danske Bank was closed on 30 November 2018.
3. personal reference number
Every taxpayer has their personal reference number for paying state taxes, payments and other monetary obligations that derive from law. You can find the reference number by using the search of a personal reference number.
The following monetary obligations that derive from law, can also be paid with a document related reference number:
- customs declaration – the declaration reference number or group reference number (for payment of customs declarations);
- claim for interest, tax decision, penalty decision, payment in instalments, etc.;
- MOSS VAT return;
- road toll;
- court decision.
Payment in the e-MTA
Speed of arrival of payments
In case of intra-bank payments – for SEB Bank, Swedbank, Luminor Bank and LHV Pank – the payment confirmation from the bank will reach the account of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board usually on the day of payment if the payment was made on a working day until 20:00. If the payment was made after 20:00, it will reach the account of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board on the next working day.
If you pay from Coop Pank account, then payments made on a working day before 15:30 will reach the account of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board on the same day and payments entered after 15:30 – on the next working day.
Please ask your bank how fast they transfer money to the receiver’s account.