Non-residents who can use the e-services of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board
As a non-resident, you can sign in to the Estonian Tax and Customs Board’s self-service environment and use the e-services if you have:
- the eID of one of the following EU Member States:
- Germany (National Identity Card, Electronic Residence Permit)
- Italy (Carta di identità elettronica)
- Spain (DNIe)
- Belgium (Belgian Citizen eCard, Foreigner eCard)
- Luxembourg (Luxembourg eID card)
- Lithuanian Mobile-ID
- Latvian or Lithuanian Smart-ID (except Smart-ID Basic)
NB! The assurance level of a means of authentication must correspond to the assurance level ‘high’ in order to use the e-services of the e-MTA.
Entering the Estonian Tax and Customs Board's self-service environment
- To sign in to the Estonian Tax and Customs Board's self-service environment, click on the button “Enter e-MTA” on our website or follow the link https://maasikas.emta.ee/login/?lang=en.
- Please select a method for signing in and follow the instructions.
- After signing in, the following text will appear.
To open the e-services, please contact the customer support of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board: by e-mail email@example.com or by telephone +372 880 0815.
Applying for Estonia's e-Residency
If you are unable to use the above-mentioned authentication methods, we recommend you apply for Estonia’s e-Residency. E-Residency offers foreigners secure access to Estonia’s e-services. Holders of the e-resident’s Digi-ID card can digitally sign documents and use the Digi-ID to sign in to all portals and information systems that recognise the Estonian ID-card.
You can apply for an Estonian e-resident's Digi-ID electronically at https://e-resident.gov.ee/. Consult the same web page for additional information on e-Residency and instructions on how to submit an application.