Non-residents who can use the e-services of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board
As a non-resident, you can sign in to the Estonian Tax and Customs Board’s self-service environment and use the e-services if you have:
- the eID of one of the following EU Member States:
- Germany: National Identity Card; Electronic Residence Permit
- Italy: Carta di Identità elettronica (CIE); Aruba PEC SpA; Namirial SpA; InfoCert SpA; In.Te.S.A. SpA; Poste Italiane SpA; Register.it SpA; Sielte SpA; Telecom Italia Trust Technologies S.r.l.; Lepida SpA
- Spain: Documento Nacional de Identidad electrónico (DNIe)
- Belgium: Belgian Citizen eCard; Foreigner eCard; itsme® mobile App
- Luxembourg: Luxembourg eID card
- Croatia: Personal Identity Card (eOI)
- Portugal: Portuguese national identity card (eID card); Digital Mobile Key
- Latvia: eID karte; eParaksts karte; eParaksts karte+; eParaksts
- Lithuanian mobile-ID
- Latvian or Lithuanian Smart-ID (except Smart-ID Basic)
The assurance level of a means of authentication must correspond to the assurance level ‘high’ in order to use the e-services of the e-MTA.
Entering the Estonian Tax and Customs Board's self-service environment
- To sign in to the Estonian Tax and Customs Board's self-service environment, click on the button “Enter e-MTA” on our website or follow the link https://maasikas.emta.ee/login/?lang=en.
- Please select a method for signing in and follow the instructions.
- After signing in, the following text will appear.
To open the e-services, please contact the customer support of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board by e-mail email@example.com.
Applying for Estonia's e-Residency
If you are unable to use the above-mentioned authentication methods, we recommend you apply for Estonia’s e-Residency. E-Residency offers foreigners secure access to Estonia’s e-services. Holders of the e-resident’s Digi-ID card can digitally sign documents and use the Digi-ID to sign in to all portals and information systems that recognise the Estonian ID-card.
You can apply for an Estonian e-resident's Digi-ID electronically at https://e-resident.gov.ee/. Consult the same web page for additional information on e-Residency and instructions on how to submit an application.