From September, the e-services of the Tax and Customs Board (MTA) are available in the newly redesigned e-MTA environment, which offers its users logically structured content and easy navigation.
When entering into the redesigned e-MTA, the first thing displayed is an upgraded desktop with a new design and structure, providing users (both private and professional) with a clear overview of their tax and customs information and prospective liabilities.
The underlying principle of the upgrade is that maintaining compliance in tax and customs matters is similarly easy for occasional users as well as for people who represent persons and submit declarations every day.
It is a clear, helpful environment which takes into account users’ real life so that each business operator is able to send their tax information and fill out declarations without any specific user-training.
There is a new possibility for professional users to design their desktop themselves: most frequently used content blocks can be prioritized and the number and selection of columns in tables changed.
Newly added updates help to direct users to the most urgent actions, so avoiding potential mistakes which waste too much working time.
In connection with the upgrade of the design and structure of the e-MTA desktop, all MTA’s e-services will be gradually redesigned starting from August 12th. However, their user logic will not change.
The redesigned e-MTA is expected to be available for users from September 1st, whereas the related information and guidance materials can be found on the MTA website from the end of August. MTA invites all who are interested to attend the webinar on the most essential changes on August 29th. Additional information: https://www.facebook.com/events/501856953955800/
- From August 12th we start the redesign of e-services. First services to undergo changes are e-customs services, including the customs declarations system COMPLEX and the national electronic system of delivery notes SADHES. NB! In relation to the redesign there may be short interruptions in the work of e-services until the evening of august 16th.
- In the evening of August 20th we start the installation of upgraded client desktop. The redesigned desktop is expected to be available on August 31st and all e-services will be functional by the evening of September 1st. NB! Due to the installation works access to e-MTA or some e-services may be restricted from August 30th to September 1st.
Most important elements of the e-MTA desktop:
- Summary view. In a summary view one can view the current state of all information concerning the user, including declarations, returns, claims and liabilities, depending on the rights and authorisations of the user.
- The view of a person represented. In this view one specific person represented (natural or legal person) is selected and the information displayed concerns only this person.
- Menu and navigation. The main menu with various e-services is now located on the left side of the screen. The menu items of all types of person (natural person, sole proprietor, legal person) can be found in the summary view. Fast information retrieval or transmission has been made more convenient by means of quick links, which can be saved. Likewise, e-services and information can be quickly found with the help of search function.
- Help centre. If immediate assistance is needed, there is the possibility of starting a conversation, receiving context-based information and reading answers to frequently asked questions on each page.
- Communication and delivery of documents. Users can start a conversation with MTA to get answers to their questions. MTA can deliver notifications, certificates and documents to users.
- Accounting. It is possible to view the balance of liabilities and prepayment account, and search claims and relevant operations through various filter functions. Users can make balance queries and file requests for refund.
- Customs summary view and desktop – the overview of customs declarations. Under the customs section the user will find all the services which are related to customs services and the import and export of goods.
- Taxes summary view and desktop – the overview of tax returns. The taxes section includes all the services which are related to tax liabilities arisen or paid. The user will find here income and social tax returns, income tax returns of a natural person, information on excise duties, land tax, VAT, local taxes etc.