For the use of e-Tax Board/e-Customs you have to conclude a contract for use of e-Tax Board/e-Customs with the Estonian Tax and Customs Board. After the concusion of the contract, you will have an account in the e-Tax Board/e-Customs and access to e-services of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board.
A private client (a natural person) shall conclude a contract on the Internet
1. Customers of Internet banks of Swedbank, SEB Pank, Eesti Krediidipank, Danske Bank, Nordea Bank Estonia, Versobank or LHV Pank can enter e-Tax Board/e-Customs and conclude a contract via his or her banking portal.
2. If you have
- an ID card, or
- a contract for use of Mobile ID,
- or an authentication contract concluded at a service bureau of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board,
you can enter e-Tax Board/e-Customs and conclude the contract here.
How can a non-resident natural person become a user of the e-Tax Board/e-Customs
- Visit one of the service bureaus of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board (ETCB).
- Present your passport or ID at the service desk.
- If you are a non-resident in Estonia, please submit the registration application for a non-resident taxpayer (39.24 KB, PDF).
After that, the ETCB will register you in the taxpayers’ register and issue a registration code for you.
- In order to become a user of the e-Tax Board/e-Customs, submit the application for conluding the e-Tax Board/e-Customs portal authentication contract.
Based on the application, an authentication contract that grants the access to the e-Tax Board/e-Customs will be concluded (signed). An authentication contract is always concluded between a private person and the ETCB. Along with the copy of the contract, every user will receive a username, a password and a list of codes that are used to log in the e-Tax Board/e-Customs on our home page.
The contract is concluded in Estonian, however you can find the example of the authentication contract in English here (150.66 KB, PDF).
How to enter the e-Tax Board/e-Customs
- Log in the e-Tax Board/e-Customs with your ID card, mobile ID or user ID (passwords given to you by the ETCB) here or enter via the Internet bank.
The username and codes act as a personal signature meaning that a person always bears full responsibility for any kind of information submitted through the electronic portal under his username. Therefore sharing passwords is strongly forbidden.
During the first entry, the user is obliged to change the password given by the ETCB.
- During the first entry, you can digitally sign the agreement for the using of the e-Tax Board/e-Customs.
After signing the agreement, you will reach the role selection page where you can enter as a private or business client. Tick the business client box and from the drop-down menu, select the company on behalf you start filing the declaration.
If you are in our service bureau, you may ask our officials to assist you when logging in the e-Tax Board/e-Customs for the first time and concluding the agreement, because in our service bureaus, there are PCs for clients to use the electronic services.
After that the services of the e-Tax Board/e-Customs are open for you as a natural person (e.g. you can file your personal tax declarations, etc).