Estonian Tax and Customs Board as an employer
The Estonian Tax and Customs Board is tasked with the collection of state tax revenues, control of customs on the border, protection of companies from unfair competition, and provide help to the people who have questions or problems in the field of taxes and customs.
- Estonian Tax and Customs Board operates in the administrative area of the Ministry of Finance.
- Service bureaus and customs offices at border crossing points are located all over Estonia.
The number of employees is 1,425 people who work together at the agency towards a common goal.
In people, we value both youthful strive for knowledge and invaluable experience.
- 62% of our staff has higher education.
Among specialties, the predominant ones are law, economics, and political science and governance.
- The field of tax and customs can be studied at the Financial College of the Estonian Academy of Security Sciences.
Working as a leading specialist at our agency provides interesting challenges both in Estonia and at the international level.
Reliability, cooperation, rationality, and innovation
We are proud of the fact that, in the public opinion, the Estonian Tax and Customs Board is believed by the inhabitants of Estonia to be one of the most reliable state institutions – for us, this level of recognition is very important!
Working in one of the largest and rapidly developing public service organisations offers numerous exciting challenges as well as a safe working environment filled with diverse development opportunities and modern tools.
The most important factor is that everything starts with us, our attitude, and the contribution we make into the process of pursuing our common objectives, our attitude to work, and the adherence to common values, namely reliability, cooperation, rationality, and innovation.
Staff in the offices of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board and information about salaries
- The structure and staff of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board from 10 February 2016 (PDF) (decree No. 003 of the Minister of Finance dated 17 February 2016 (PDF)) (in Estonian)
- Job descriptions for the employees of the Estonian Tax and Customs Board are available in the section about the contact details of officials and employees (in Estonian).
- Salary guide (243.07 KB, PDF) (in Estonian)
- Information about salaries as of 1 April 2015 (1.2 MB, PDF)
- The information about the salaries of officials is disclosed from the year 2015 in accordance with § 119 of the Civil Service Actpublished on the central website of the civil service.
- Salary statistics » (in Estonian)